Childcare Tax Info

Child Care fees at Kendellhurst Academy are deductible as follows:

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides parents with child care deductions for income tax purposes. You can claim child care expenses on your income tax return if your child is cared for at home or in nursery school, daycare, day camps, boarding schools, and sports schools. You can claim these expenses if you or your spouse or common-law partner incurred the expenses in order to work, carry on a business, or attend school. (from CRA). Expenses are normally deductible for the partner with the lower income.

Annual or Yearly Child Care:

  • $8,000 annual limit for each child under the age of seven years
  • $5,000 annual limit for each child aged seven to under 16 years
  • $11,000 annual limit for a disabled child (see CRA for details)

Annual Camp Programs:

  • $200 per week for each child under 7 years*
  • $125 per week for children aged 7 through 16 years*
  • $275 per week for children with disabilities (see CRA details)
  • *limited number of weeks

Universal Child Care Benefit:

In spring of 2006 the Federal government introduced the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB).  The UCCB is a $100 per month payment available to parents for each child under the age of 6 years.  The benefit came into effect on July 1, 2006.

To receive the benefit you must apply CCTB (Canada Child Tax Benefit) with CRA.  Please see the attached CRA form in PDF format or visit the CRA website for more information.

Please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website for further information

There are restrictions and limitations and filing requirements related to child care expense deductions.  You should seek the advice of a qualified tax professional before making decisions or deductions related to your income taxes.

Kendellhurst Academy © All Rights Reserved